Saturday, 18 August 2007

Poetry Friday

This poem, which I want to share, was written by a young Tanzanian friend. I think it is brilliant and have not changed any of his words or punctuation. Any comments will be forwarded to him. Please do not use any part of this poem without acknowledgement.

Redemption song

Today I write a song

A song that will rush through my veins

and fill my heart with joy.

A song that will give peace to my bones

A song that will move the lame

and whisper to the deaf,

A song to restore the faded smiles

and undo all the guilt and shame

A song to pacify the the skies

and calm the stormy winds,

A song that will seize all the cries

and dry the teary eyes

A song to melt the hearts of tyrants

and bring warmth to their cold touch,

A song for the world to embrace

and dance as one with love

A song that will last for generations

yet like wine, sound better with age

A world anthem.

Today I write a new song

by: F.B.MARWA
There's more of his work in previous blog entries

No comments: